Homepage

Homepage
Homepage

Join Us!

Join Us!
Join Us!

IIA courses

IIA courses
IIA courses
 

[Teacher's Story] A few things you may not know about me

Monday, November 22, 2010

 A few things you may not know about me:

I went to 5 different primary schools and two high schools. My father was in the Royal Australian Air Force when I was young so we moved around a lot. I have lived in NSW and Victoria but I am proud to call myself a Queenslander! I’ve been in Brisbane for more than 15 years now.

I have also spent a lot of time abroad. In 2003, when I was 20, I went on a 12-month working holiday to Ireland and met some of my mother’s aunts, uncles and cousins. I came home to finish my tertiary studies in International Business and Japanese at Griffith University and then went back to London for another 14 months. In my travels I visited several countries including France, Spain, Scotland, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the USA. There are still many places I would like to visit especially South America, Japan, and Italy. 


The most exciting place I’ve visited is Villamarxante, near Valencia in Spain. In August they have a really big party that lasts for a whole month. They have parades, fireworks and bulls running around the streets. I got to light the horns of one of the bulls on fire so that at night the people could see it coming.
  
I think I am a good example of your typical Australian female. I love to play outdoors. I love camping, hiking, rock climbing, going to the beach and playing soccer. I love the Australian way of life and although I still want to see other parts of the world, Queensland will always be home to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments:)
If you don't have any ID below, you may choose "Name/URL"