Homepage

Homepage
Homepage

Join Us!

Join Us!
Join Us!

IIA courses

IIA courses
IIA courses
 

[Teacher's Story] Life is journey...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I left high school Australia was in the middle of a very bad economic situation and the only possibility of employment was as a teacher because my parents could not afford to pay my way through university. So, off to teacher’s college I went. I hated it but I managed to graduate and commenced teaching in primary schools , first in Brisbane and then in the far north at Normanton.

 I soon tired of Normanton so I resigned and sailed off to South Africa where I taught primary classes for a year before moving on to London where I taught for fifteen months.The British winter drove me back to South Africa where I stayed for almost three years before returning to Australia.


After five years I was thoroughly sick of teaching so I resigned and enrolled to study Environmental Science at Griffith University. After four years I moved on to Sydney University to study for a Graduate Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The plan was to go to South-east Asia to teach Scientific English. It didn’t happen, did it?

Instead I taught prisoners in Sydney’s biggest prison for six months until once again winter weather drove me to the tropics of North Queensland where I taught Maths, Science and Agriculture or thirteen years.
I returned to Brisbane in 1996 and in 2001 I finally started at an ESL school and have been teaching ESL ever since. I joined the staff of IIA in March 2007 and have been teaching mostly IELTS ever since.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments:)
If you don't have any ID below, you may choose "Name/URL"